I and totally with Thomas Jefferson on this subject…
I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work the luckier I am. Thomas Jefferson.
It’s about hard work, but it is mixed with opportunity and being in the right place at the right time. So I found this really cool calculation to get luckier….
Preparation + attitude + opportunity + action = luck
So how lucky do you want to be?
So, here is my checklist for taking your hard work and turning it into luck:
- Make great connections, lots of them, and keep track of them. People do business with people they know, like and trust, so get out from behind your lap top and get social. Also LinkedIn has a Tags feature, and it’s a great tool for keeping control of large sets of connections.
- Recognise the brilliance in the flexibility. It’s critical to have a firm foundations in your business, but you also need to stay open to new ideas and original thoughts; don’t mentally block yourself into a set and specific business plan.
- Create the opportunities and meet people, discuss collaborations, make offers and discuss ideas. Talk with as many people who are relevant to your business as possible – collaborators, potential customers, partners and competitors—and listen to what they have to say. Pick their brains and find out what they know.
- Do take action. To turn your luck into success do the preparation, have the right attitude, create the opportunity or respond to the opportunity presents, act responsibly, act BOLDLY with conviction, act quickly but, most importantly TAKE ACTION nothing else happens this, so seize the F**** diem!
- Be confident be believable and get the job done. Confidence comes from knowledge, experience and hard work, but you’ve also got to be willing to meet your challenges head-on.
Luck does exist in business, but is a skillfully put together list of opportunities and there is an element of being in the right place at the right time. The “luck” element is connecting with the right people. The “luck” is recognising the opportunities when they arise and seizing them with everything you have! So, luck may have an element of coincidence, but it takes hard work, intelligence and most of all courage to take the action to make the luck a reality.
So go forth and get lucky…
The Master Fixer
PS: For a daily boost of motivation, support, a challenge and for making a difference with you or your business, please join us on the Master Fixer Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/1335341783184247/